Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Body of Christopher Creed by Carol Plum-Ucci


The Body of Christopher Creed by Carol Plum-Ucci
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Release Date: November 5, 2001
Rating: 5/5
Synopsis:
"When Christopher Creed, the class freak and whipping boy, suddenly disappears without a trace, first his fellow students, then all the citizens of Steepleton join in to speculate on what could have happened to him. As fingers begin pointing, the town starts to fall apart and several lives are changed forever. Innovative and intense, The Body of Christopher Creed will grab the reader and hand on until its chilling conclusion."
I was want to start my saying, this book was absolutely amazing. This is a book that I think everyone should read. I just want to warn you that there is some language used so make sure you are mature enough to handle that. It was such a good read and it was also a very powerful novel.
This book was not like a book that I have before. It was kind of like a murder/suicide mystery novel. Christopher Creed was a kid that no one really got along with, and when he talked to anyone they would get mad at him and just do bad stuff to him. One day he sent a note to his principle and basically to everyone it seemed just like a suicide note. The whole book was centered around this note and what actually happened to Christopher Creed. In the town of Steepleton, there is this one group of kids called the "boons" basically what they are, are people who are always playing with the law and don't care what everyone does or says about them. But in reality they actually are really good kids who care about people. Then there was Torey, he was a good kid and had everything going for him but once Chris went missing his whole life changed for the worst.
I have to say that I loved the characters. There were very well written and in some parts I felt like I was right there with the characters and I could feel exactly what they were feeling. It was that powerful of a novel.
In the end, things turn out semi right. I don't want to say what happened or if they found Chris but they found somebody and many things happened to everyone. The characters really grew up throughout the book and the plot just kept getting better and better.
This is a book I think everyone should read and I am pretty sure that you will like it. It changes your mind on how you view things and you really get put in other peoples' shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment