Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Judging a book by its cover

I'm going to start doing some different posts on here, talking about different topics! The first one is 'Do you judge a book by its cover? So, lets get started....

Many people do judge books by their cover. I think it's because most people want those 'pretty' covers because they'll look good on their bookshelf. To be honest, you won't even see the cover of the book once it's on your bookshelf, and by judging a book by it's cover you can be missing reading an amazing book.

I don't judge a book by its cover for that reason. I think that you shouldn't because it's not the authors fault that, that is the cover and they worked really hard on writing that book so you should at least give it a try. Now, the one thing that I do judge is the book title, but I'll do a post on that later.

A book cover in a way does tell you what the book is going to be about, but thats not always the case. A lot of books just have a person on the cover, but what does that tell you about the book? Nothing, just that theres either going to be a girl or boy protgonist. Do you think about that? Most of peoples books probably are a cover with just a person on it. Like I said, I don't like to judge a book by its cover for that reason, I could potentially be missing one of the best books written if I did judge the book.

Do you judge a book by its cover? If so why?

No comments:

Post a Comment