Friday, December 31, 2010

Wings by Aprilynne Pike


Wings by Aprilynne Pike
Publisher: HaperTeen
Release Date: May 5, 2009
Rating: 4/5
Synopsis:

"Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful—too beautiful for words.


Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.

In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever"

Review:
I did enjoy reading this, book I feel like something was missing but I don't know what it was. The writing was okay. It could have been a lot better, yes, but I'm not gonna let the writing get in the way of the overall story.

I loved the plot. The whole story line was really great, I loved how Laurel found out she was a fairy, but I think that it got a little rushed to how she found out. I know that sometimes a book can be a little too detailed and we complain about that, but I think this books could have had a lot more detail about what was happening and I would've understood some things more. It was a little rushed.

The characters were alright. I liked Laurel, but I think that she was a little too naive and she just trusted people without even really knowing them. Like David.

Based on the book, I don't really see why it would be made into a movie, I mean, I've read better books that are great that would make really good movies, BUT the whole idea of the book I think will make a great movie.

Even though there are these flaws in the book (don't all books have things like this we don't like?) I am still going to continue to read this series, because I am really interested in what is going to happen next.

I recommend you all to read this because it was still a great book, it just wasn't an amazing book.

No comments:

Post a Comment