Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gone by Michael Grant


Gone by Michael Grant
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date: June 24, 2008
Rating: 4/5
Synopsis:


"In the blink of an eye. Everyone disappears. GONE.


Except for the young. Teens. Middle schoolers. Toddlers. But not one single adult. No teachers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. Just as suddenly, there are no phones, no internet, no television. No way to get help. And no way to figure out what's happened.

Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents—unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers—that grow stronger by the day.

It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen, a fight is shaping up. Townies against rich kids. Bullies against the weak. Powerful against powerless. And time is running out: On your birthday, you disappear just like everyone else... "

Review:
For starters I just want to say that I really enjoyed reading this and I will continue reading the rest of the series! It was a pretty long book and I feel that it could've been written a little shorter and got everything across that they wanted.

There were a lot of characters that were being talked about and sometimes I had to re-read a part to see what character I was reading. It went from one characters perspective in one sentence to another characters in another so it did get a little confusing at times.

I loved the whole idea of the story, it's a fantasy about everyone 15 and older disappears, so all of the kids are the ones 'ruling' the world basically. There was a ton of action and adventure which was nice, but I think in some parts there might've been too much.

I really enjoyed reading this and it was way different from what I thought it was going to be like! I would recommend everyone to read this because it's a really great story and it just wants you to keep reading more and more to see what happens!


*synopsis from goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment